Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'll Even Take a Handshake


This is one of those nights that I really, really  miss Doug. I don't have these very often (least ways, not quite like this), but when I do, they're bad.
It's one of those nights where I just want him to hold me because, well, why not? When I just wish I could rest my head on his shoulder, with his head on mine. Or heck, at this point I'll even take a handshake.
I am in desperate need of one of those nights where we just sat in his car and talked for hours about anything and everything, from smiles to Kolob, and basketball to playing with kids and books we love.
I want to see his smile right in front of me, hear that giggle of his that few others have heard and watch the stars and moon twinkle in his eyes. I want to lay my head on his chest and just drift off to sleep, curled up next to him like so many nights before while watching Star Trek. I want him to tell me when I'm being stupid and hug me when I'm down and on the verge of tears. I want the future we've talked about so often for years to just happen already, not in another 10 months . . .

In short, I just want my best friend back . . . Is that really too much to ask?

Clearly...

No comments:

Post a Comment